All Our Executive Coaching Sessions Are Going Virtual Using Zoom Video Meetings as of March 16, 2020.
As you know, we take the well-being of our clients seriously and our mission is to help others be more effective in their personal, professional and academic lives.
That’s why we are adapting the delivery model of our executive coaching services. Given all of the closures, distancing, and shutdowns happening secondary to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided that it is best for the health and safety of our clients that we follow the current public health recommendations to switch entirely to a remote-work format for our coaching work.
Effective March 16, 2020, all of our coaching meetings will be held virtually and we will not be meeting in person until further notice.
We recognize that this solution is not a fit for everyone, and we do understand if you’d like to put coaching on hold for the time being until the world gets back on track. Simply let us know if that is your decision.
If you wish to continue coaching in the coming weeks, we invite you to do so virtually with us online in a Zoom virtual office. Simply get in touch to schedule a virtual session using your typical means for getting in touch with us and we can plan the next steps for using the Zoom app together.
*For new client inquiries about coaching, you can contact us here to set up an initial meeting via Zoom for yourself or your student.
Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation,
~The Saga Educators Coaching Team
10 Things to Know About Our Virtual Coaching Sessions:
- We will connect virtually using Zoom, a video conferencing app. You’ll first need to download the Zoom app to your device at: Zoom.us/download before you can use it.
- Use this resource to learn about using Zoom: Zoom Video Tutorials – Zoom Help Center or to learn how to download Zoom and check that your device is ready for video conferencing.
- Before our meeting time: It might be helpful for you to test out using Zoom and joining the room from your device ahead of our scheduled time. That way, if you have any difficulties or need help you can resolve it beforehand. Contact us if you have difficulties.
- A special URL and code to join the meeting will be sent to you in an email and calendar invite ahead of the scheduled meeting. When it’s time for our meeting, you can join our Zoom meeting using that information.
- We recommend that a couple minutes before our scheduled time you join our Zoom Meeting — you’ll be put in a virtual waiting room until the meeting starts, but this way you can make sure everything is working ahead of time.
- If you’re in a noisy environment or in a room with others nearby, you may want to use a headset to minimize background noise or avoid disturbing others around you with our meeting conversation.
- If for some reason, your schedule changes and you are UNABLE to make the virtual meeting, please let us know ASAP. In order for us to best serve all of our clients’ scheduling needs, we ask for 24 hour notice for cancellations. In the event of a same-day cancellation, or if no one is on the call after 15minutes, we do have to charge for the full missed appointment.
- If all else fails and Zoom does not work for our meeting, the default option will be a phone call. Your coach’s phone number will be used to reach them for that phone meeting.
- Many of our clients like to keep a dedicated notebook or journal with them during our virtual sessions to keep track of things, so if that’s your style, remember to bring a 📓 and ✏️ to jot down memorable ideas.
- 🙌🏻 The general spirit of executive coaching is a lot like personal training, the work we do in session is only a small part of what makes for progress. What clients do the rest of the time is actually what makes/breaks success. Follow-through is crucial and a willing spirit to be coachable, open to suggestions, and do the work of putting new ideas into action is a requirement for successful coaching work together in the short and long term. All of this applies to virtual sessions just as well.